Different Terms, Deeper Gratitude

Today I am grateful for pain as teacher, and for the healthy break and relaxation of Wordscapes, a game I play on my phone. (And to my son Sam for telling me about it.)

To start this post I bring in some of the words I finished with yesterday:

There's a flip side to coming to terms though. How do we come to terms with our talents, our gifts, the right kind of power, the purposes we have been put here to carry out?

Just as it is so important to identify and face our defects and shortcomings, our self-sabotage, it is as vital to celebrate our personal strengths and our boundless capacity to be who we are meant to be.

Here are some of my talents and purposes:

*I am a runner. Maybe not as fast, but certainly as far. The beauty is in the endorphins and the outdoor time, and the ways my body, heart, soul, and mind appreciate the activity.

*I am a writer. It first saved me, then paved the way. It continues to pave the way, and I'm not done yet. When I run out of inspiration and things to write about, I'll be done.

*I haven't given up on myself. I am a work in progress, even when I impede that very progress.

These and other aspects of self are my building blocks. We each have wonderful, grace-filled, amazing power when used under proper guidance...and that guidance comes from outside of me.

Fitting to close with a repeat of these words:

Faith and trust in my Higher Power/Great Spirit allows me to keep slogging on the tough days and cruising on the good days. Living gratefully affords me the energy to do the work and the lovingkindness to be gentle with myself and others.

Comments