Each day is a day full of riches, if we are paying attention and taking note. I was doing just that yesterday and here are some of the things I noted:
- extended time to talk with Sam as he and I drove a couple of hours together
- appreciating his thoughts and ideas on things pertinent to his life
- noticing the countryside as we traveled through southeast MN and into northeast Iowa
- time to visit with my mom and just being with her for a time
- homemade cinnamon rolls
- safe travels on a 300-mile round trip
- sunshine in advance of a snowstorm
- an opportunity to get a run in on clear roads and trails before it started to snow
- the way the store Trader Joe's is set up and items we like there, especially their coffee
- phone conversations with my sisters Aileen and Danita
- the phrase "Real writers really write." That makes me a real writer!
- the idea of "maximum alertness" as another way to consider the idea of paying attention
- good music on the radio
- several poems to recite to an audience of three--me, myself, and I
- a nice meal with just Darcy and I
Today is a new day. More riches await. With maximum alertness, I will receive more of those riches.
I wish the same for you. Have a good day!