Sleeping Cutie

Today I am grateful for coffee, pauses, and a desire to keep writing, blogging, and practicing gratitude.

We had the chance to watch our grandson Leo last night while his mom ran some errands. We sure do appreciate the time we get to spend with him. He is nearing four weeks old and is filling out. Since I have only posted pictures of him one other time here, I thought it was time for a second picture.


That is one sleeping cutie! Grandpa fed him and burped him and Grandma helped work out the fussing and get him to sleep. I'm sorry I repeat myself, but the words precious and peanut just keep coming to mind. He feels less fragile though. His head and neck are getting stronger. He likes looking around and is more alert. I look forward to watching this little guy grow and learn.

And he is certainly helping me grow and learn as well. He reminds me of what really matters. I marvel that our son Sam used to be that tiny. I miss those times with Sam, but I also love the teenager who is growing into a young man. Leo also reminds me of how we all need love and care. He depends on his parents and grandparents. We each depend on others, but also ourselves.

Today I will strive to be loving and caring as I move through my day. To those I cross paths with and also to myself.

Comments