A Good Day 3 x 3

Today I am grateful for positive thoughts built on positive perceptions, made possible by habitual gratitude practice.

Yesterday was a good day. No big plans, no special events, just a typical day during my spring break. My husband and son had the day off too, so we all could enjoy a nicer pace. It was the kind of day that presents a good opportunity to do a 3 x 3. A 3 x 3 is a simple gratitude practice I thought of a couple years ago and do from time to time. I list three things I am grateful for and three reasons why for each. By the time I am done, I already have at least 12 reasons to be grateful, often more.

Yesterday consisted of things I appreciated throughout the day, including the different times of day themselves. Here's a good day 3 x 3:

1. Morning
     a. Time to sit out on our front patio and enjoy the coming daylight.
     b. Hearing the birds sing.
     c. A long run (about 12 miles) with my husband Darcy.

2. Afternoon
     a. Holding our grandson Leo while he slept.
     b. Playing baseball with my son Sam.
     c. Enjoying a family meal together, prepared by Darcy.

3. Evening
     a. Time to work on some writing ideas I have.
     b. Enjoying a cold glass of almond milk with a sweet treat.
     c. Having a phone conversation with my sister Danita.

It was a good day. My expectations were reasonable. The pace was reasonable. The result was many little joys noted throughout the day.

Habitual gratitude practice makes such days possible and makes such days a treasure.

I encourage you to do your own 3 x 3 today. Pay attention. The material is there.

Comments