L

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and our lives together. I am also grateful for our family and home.

The short title of today's post is my way of subtly wishing my husband Darcy a Happy 50th birthday. You may wonder where the heck I am coming from, until you consider that "L" is the Roman numeral for 50.

Half a century. Five decades. If you like numbers, consider these:

Fifty years old means over 2600 weeks of living, over 18,250 days, over 438,000 hours, over 26,280,000 minutes, and over 1.5 billion seconds. That is a lot of living. I am grateful I have known Darcy for over 17 of those 50 years now. It's a cool thing to consider that the older we get the higher the percentage of our lives we have spent together. We have a history. A growing and good history.

There have been challenging weeks, hours, minutes. There have been joyous weeks, hours, minutes. There have been mundane and complacent times and there have been troubling and concerning times. We have much to be grateful for together and I have much to be grateful for as I consider this man celebrating his birthday today.

That "L" could also stand for the love we share, the long runs we take together, the laughter we arrive at in a variety of ways, what we learn from each other as spouses, parents, and now grandparents, the lives we lead side-by-side, the laundry, the lawn, the letting go of anger and frustration that may crop up. And back around to more love.

Happy 50th Darcy! I love you!

Comments