Happy New Day!

Today I am grateful to hear birds singing and for the fresh opportunties that the hours ahead will present.

I also want to say thanks to my friends Candy, Claire, Lori, Dorothy and Harvey for coming out to the health fair yesterday and stopping by to see me. And to Darcy and Sam for their help. I appreciate all of you! More on the health fair tomorrow.

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it. Happy new day to everyone! That is the beauty of mindfulness and trying to live a day at a time . . . each day comes with a welcome freshness that I look forward to. When I am stuck in the muck of regret, worry, or fear, a new day may feel like a burden.

Easter and spring bring a welcome set of words to mind too. I looked back at some of my previous posts on and around Easter.  Here are some of the words and phrases I used:

*new beginnings
*vulnerability
*rebirth and renewal
*awakenings
*sunrise
*renewed and refreshed or stale and stagnant?

I prefer fresh over stagnant. The rebirths and renewals come in little ways. I rarely have big, flashy awakenings. The little ways add up to significant changes in my outlook and approach to life though. They add up to the right kind of energy being applied to healthy priorities. And vulnerability allows us to have open hearts, souls, and minds.

Happy new day! Enjoy it and the opportunities it will present.

Comments