I Have a Confession

Today I am grateful for time with family yesterday and for good salads to make and share.

A special thank you to my sister Zita and my mom for making the trip up to visit us yesterday. It was really good to see you and we are glad you got to meet the newest addition to our family-Leo.

I have a confession to make. To myself. To anyone who read yesterday's post. Moving meditation is a good practice for me, but it is also a bit of a trap when I am not careful.

I love to be efficient with my time. I am busy and always have many things I hope to accomplish in a day's time. It doesn't hurt to be an effective manager of time, but I have to use caution. Yesterday morning part of my motivation for moving meditation was to save time. I wanted to go for a run at some point, the dog needed to go out, I needed my prayer and meditation time. Let's combine all three Lisa instead of doing them each separately.

That's my confession. That's what I mean when I say I am making progress with meditation practice, but that I still have much room for improvement. How effectively was I meditating? That's debatable. I am not being too hard on myself though. It didn't hurt me or anyone else to combine my efforts. And better to do some meditation than none. Better to make the effort than to just say "what's the use?"

All or nothing thinking has done a number on me over the years. I am trying to recover from it still. Meditation, even practiced with mixed motives, is still meditation. It still helps bring me some peaceful presence and better awareness and listening. And each of those things are great antidotes to that all or nothing business.

Have a good day!

Comments

  1. I am not familiar with the term moving meditation, but it makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where I first heard it, maybe in my own head, but it makes plenty of sense to me too. Meditation is really about how we focus our thoughts and what we focus them on. Nice to hear from you Kristi!

      Delete

Post a Comment