Green

Today I am grateful to "sleep in" this morning and I am grateful for the many colors I can see with my working vision.

There really is so much to see. I was thinking about seeing the color green yesterday, for several reasons. The main reason is that green is slowly returning to our yards and trees. It is a sight to behold and one of my favorite things about spring. It starts out slowly, just giving hints of the new life on the way. Then the pace picks up and soon you hear lawnmowers going and the light in the house has changed because the leaves on trees are altering the way the sun comes in.

Green is also a prominent color at the school I work at. It is one of our school colors and we see it in many places-mostly on people but also on walls, banners, posters and such.

And then there's the green of cash. Money in hand. I don't usually carry a lot of cash with me. It tends to get spent too quickly if I do. In our world of electronic payments today many people don't carry or use cash much.

But I know that whatever form it comes in, I am grateful that my family and I have enough money to pay the bills, eat, and enjoy what we like to do. Could we use more money? Sure. Most of us could. But we do fine with what we have. I attribute some of that to gratefulness. I appreciate what I already have and I try to take care of it so it lasts. I am not always in pursuit of bigger and better or the newest upgrade.

Gratitude practice helps me see clearly that I am already deeply blessed; right here, right now.

Comments