Water, Water and More Water

Today I am grateful for a good training run yesterday and for clean, potable water always at my disposal. I am also grateful for a cooling northerly breeze last evening and this morning.

I am fortunate to live where clean drinking water is a given. Many people in the world don't have that benefit. As part of the U.S. faces a drought growing in severity, I also feel blessed that where I live has fared better than many. (I appreciate that the grass and plants in our yard are still holding their own--and I appreciate that for my husband's sake because it means more to him than me.)

But on a more personal note, I can tell you that water consumption is a key to my physical health. I really got serious about drinking enough water when I was pregnant and then breastfeeding. Then becoming a marathon runner put water in a new light as well. I feel better, everything works better, I feel like I am flushing toxins out of my body. I believe it also helps my skin look better.

During my cancer treatment and chemotherapy, I envisioned water helping the chemo drugs do their job. (And talk about flushing out toxins...I felt that water helped the chemo work but also helped alleviate side effects.)

As a recovering alcoholic and ex-drinker, water is now my drink of choice.

The only drawback to my high H20 consumption is frequent trips to the the bathroom.

I can live with that.

More travels await so I will be back blogging either Sunday or Monday.

Have a good day! 

Comments