Happy Anniversary!

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and our 14th wedding anniversary!  I am also grateful for the taste of fresh sweet corn. We had our first of the season yesterday.

Darcy and I met in November of 1997 in Okoboji, Iowa at a singles dance. There is a wonderful story to that evening. Some of you have heard it. If you haven't, suffice it to say that we were meant to connect that night and had some extra help to make sure that happened. It was the first singles dance I went to and fate was on my side. As I looked around the room, Darcy quickly caught my eye. He's still catching it.

We met at 32, were engaged within a few months and married less than 9 months after we met. We were older and wiser and it made a difference. Our previous life experiences had helped give us perspective and a stronger sense of priorities.

Meeting Darcy has made a huge difference in the course of my life and I am so very thankful for that.

Our marriage is rock solid and continues to evolve as we continue to evolve. Talk about learning patience and acceptance. Marriage is a good training ground for that. But our love for one another and the life we have together is the constant.

Happy Anniversary dear!

Comments