Patience IS a Virtue

Today I am grateful for the opportunities to practice patience that presented themselves in the last couple of days. Patience can be a real challenge for me, so I need the practice. And I'm grateful I got to talk to my friend Jenny for more than a few minutes.

I am also grateful that patience, when practiced, leads to good results and lower blood pressure.

For me, patience and acceptance go hand in hand. The more I have of one, the more I get of the other. Sometimes I start with patience and that leads to acceptance, sometimes it is vice versa.

I will have the opportunity to employ both in the coming days as we do some traveling. This is a road trip, so I will be one of four or five passengers depending on what part of the trip we are on. Hotel stays will also be part of the trip. Sharing close quarters with family members is always interesting.

Patience and acceptance. All I need to do is ask for either, and I get some. That doesn't sound hard, but why is it at times?  Because I am human, and when I am a tired human it is even tougher.

Another tip I have learned when it comes to patience . . . the quieter I am, the easier it comes. I will work to keep my mouth shut in the car and the hotel when opening it might not be advisable.

I'll be taking a break from the blog for a couple of days.  But be patient, I will be back soon.

Comments