100 Posts . . . One Post at a Time

Today I am grateful for safe travels for my step-son Arthur and his girlfriend Alyssa, and for the chance to spend some time with them. I am also grateful for the fresh smell of a new morning and a nose that works.

Today is my 100th blog post and I feel pretty good about it! For someone lacking confidence in my technical skills, I am proud of myself for taking the leap of faith into the blogosphere in late March. I know my blog isn't flashy, but I did just change some fonts. (Woohoo!) But the words are what count, and the positive energy created by gratitude expressed in words and actions has brought me to a new level of appreciation in the weeks since I began this blog.

I hope it has helped you too, and given you food for thought. Have you tried some new approaches to gratitude? Have you made a conscious effort to be more grateful for what you do have?  I would love to hear from you about gratitude in action.

One thing I have noticed is that the more I embrace the practice of gratitude in my daily life, the more it enhances my sense of security, calm, and faith. I  have what I need and the support I need . . . just for today. That is enough. And to have enough in a culture that keeps telling us we never have enough is really the key to the power of gratitude.

One post at a time, one day at a time, I continue this journey of self-discovery and this expedition to unearth the treasures right before my eyes.

I will be taking a three day break from "Habitual Gratitude" and be attending a family reunion in Iowa. I encourage you to go back and read previous posts. I did that and was amazed at how what I wrote one day helped me on a different day. Practicing gratitude is not wasted time or energy. Regular practice maintains a good supply of appreciation which maintains my sanity and serenity.

Thanks for joining me in the blogosphere!

Comments