Taking the Actions

Today I am grateful for the "Valentine Vessel of Gratitude."  Last evening, we read together the items that were in the vessel, further giving that gratitude power by verbalizing it to one another. Then, we emptied the vessel and each put in one item to get us started on this next round of gratitude.

I am also grateful for my friend Jill who will be the recipient of gratitude letter #9 shortly. Jill and I are kindred spirits and she is someone I can share the nitty gritty aspects of life with. Simply put, we get each other. Thanks Jill!

I came across this quote from Brother David Steindl Rast yesterday:

"In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy."

Amen Brother David! He has lots to say about gratitude, and one of his books is on my reading pile, so you will be hearing more from him I am sure.

Speaking of books, I appreciate my current read-"Some Assembly Required" by Anne Lamott with her son Sam. I love everything I have read by Anne Lamott and have read several of her books more than once. There will be more from her in upcoming posts as well.

As Brother David says, gratefulness in daily life brings happiness. What are you going to do today to seek happiness via an attitude of gratitude?

Comments