The Moon Also Rises

Today I am grateful for patio time with my husband, and the busy birds singing away in our quiet neighborhood.

I heard mention of the super moon on the news last evening, then another mention from our neighbor as she walked by. A super moon is a little bigger and a little brighter than your average full moon because it is closer to the Earth at that point as it orbits.

We were treated to clearing skies and a gorgeous late afternoon and evening, so we could also be treated to this moon rising:


There was a super moon last month too, on March 9. The world that moon shone on a month ago is the same world that last night's moon rose through. It's an amazing sight, the moon and stars in the vast sky. I feel humbled by it all, by my own insignificance. 

And I feel the hope and faith of a power far beyond human that can help bring us through this. Nature is a calming and soothing force to me always, and is especially appreciated in these uncertain times.  

The pictures I took with my phone cannot bring full justice to the scene in real time, real life. But these words from Brother David Steindl-Rast-Rast do:

"Bless what there is, for being." Whatever it be, bless it because it exists; you need no other reason.

Onward. Onward! 



Comments