Blessings: Imprecision

Today I am grateful for an early morning run and the comfort of my footfalls--left, right, left, right.

The next blessing from the video Blessings is IMPRECISION:

SOURCE OF ALL BLESSINGS, you bless us with imprecision--with all that is approximate, vague, close but not quite; all that leaves room for the more specific, more precise, room for the imagination.
May I know when to be exact and when to move freely and blessed in the space so generously provided by all that is not perfectly defined, giving full scope to our dreams and to our creativity. 

I thought first about my handwriting; how messy and scrawling it is. Yet, the words come out, they are formed and take on meaning. Mostly legible, they are captured for whatever purpose I had initially made the scrawls. Good enough.

Good enough. Beautiful words to the ears of those of us with ramped up expectations of ourselves. Difficult words too. I struggle to accept good enough. Yet, when I do, I am liberated. And I am also reminded that my "good enough"--and yours--is usually still pretty dang good!

Good enough is not the easy way out, it is the right way in to better energy and a more sane pace.

Imprecision is about giving full scope to the creative generosity we each have within. There is one place where precision could help--being precisely present.

The precise moments are when true inspiration--the right word, the genuine emotion, the new direction--make themselves known.

Imprecision as blessing. Pause to consider this a few times today. See what is liberated.

Comments