Reaching Capacity

Living gratefully, I consider the role of healthy practices in a time where so much has become uncertain and untethered. I honor my body with exercise, my heart and mind with written word. My soul is nourished by both.

Speaking of writing, here is yesterday's installment for my "poem-a-day" challenge:


Reaching Capacity 

Mass respirator production,
fenced-off playgrounds, 
overloaded ICU’s, 
empty streets, schools,  
and store shelves.


Our capacity for resilience
is being put to a grueling test.


A twilight zone,
darkness falling,
death toll rising,
limits tightening and 
lengthening. 


Our capacity for hope
stretched thin . . .
bending but not breaking.
Our capacity for compassion 
and humanity boundless.

LV

I woke up this morning with fear nearing capacity. With quiet meditation, tapping into the real fear that is really here, I found some release. I found faith, compassion, hope for humanity.

Comments