"99 Blessings"

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the various ways I can still connect with the people in my life. I give thanks for warm air, bike rides, and chance meetings.

The six blessings in the video Blessings that I focused on last week come from the book pictured below. I wrote a post about Br. David and the book for my other blog, titled "Late Bloomer and Slow Learner," now dormant. Read the post here:  Brother David Steindl-Rast: Benedictine Monk and Gratitude Guru, from November 23, 2016. It will explain these pictures.


This morning, I wrote the following poem to add to the flow of blessings:

Blessings

In the face of a 
pandemic loaded with 
angst and uncertainties, 
blessings persist.

Continuing to make 
themselves known, 
the way blessings do
when we slow down 
and attend to a moment. 

The hum of a refrigerator
stocked with food, 
nourishment available.

Buds on trees, new 
blades of grass, blossoms
emerging, all beckoning 
a season of rebirth.

Smiles, supportive gestures,
kind words and prayers, 
connections to bolster. 

Blessings persist,  
buoying us. 

Pause. Attend to a moment. What blessings do you find to buoy you? Share them.

Comments