The Bench: Now Here

Today I am grateful for my reliable morning gifts: the coming daylight, coffee, a walk with our dog Oliver.

I am also grateful for my working five senses, and this touching video that reminds me how significant they are as gifts in my life:

The Bench

My senses allow me to experience the current moment, in rich fullness. When I take the time to pause and pay attention.

Yesterday's poem for the poem-a-day challenge fits nicely here:

From Nowhere to Now Here 

Nowhere to go 
finds me now here,
lamenting what I cannot do,
has me forgetting what I can.

Now here, I savor the way
my pen flows 
across the page.

Now here, I relish 
in the quirks of our 
beloved cockapoo.

Now here, feeling my feet
grounded and stable
beneath me. Now here.

LV

Now here, I begin this day with gratefulness and energy. Have a good day!

Comments