Things I Take For Granted: #1 Oxygen

Today I am grateful for a return to a healthier perspective and some balance. I am also grateful for air to breathe.

There are many things I take for granted each day. Keeping a gratitude journal, writing these blog posts, and trying to actively practice gratitude and be mindful all help me see more of these things for what they are-true gifts of life.

When talking about gifts of life, the obvious one to start with is oxygen; air to breathe to sustain our lives. Today I am grateful for the oxygen and clean air that surround me. It makes me think of many things, such as:

*I am grateful I quit smoking.
*I try to do my part to protect our clean air supply by being a responsible
consumer and recycler.
*Prayers go out to those with health problems that necessitate an extra oxygen supply.
*I appreciate the fresh air of the various seasons; from winter's nostril-stinging cold to
summer's balmy humidity. I prefer spring's smell of new life and fall's crispness.
*It reminds me that, like the oxygen I can't see, I am missing other gifts in my life when my
overdoing and overthinking make me blind.

Considering the gift of oxygen helps me consider the other gifts of today. Breathe in. Breathe out. Life. Love. Opportunities.

Comments