An Eclipse and a Neighbor

Today I am grateful for the food we have in our refrigerator and cupboards. I am also grateful for the crisp fall air.

I appreciated my run yesterday after work. It cleared my head and gave me some free endorphins to boost my energy and attitude for the rest of the day. It was just what I needed after another full and hectic day at work. In fact, on my run, I started thinking about this blog post, then I tried to recall what I had blogged about just yesterday morning. It took me a couple minutes to rewind and work through the clutter before it came to me. A good indication a run was a good choice. I always feel better, clearer, after a run.

Back to today's post. Something else I enjoyed yesterday, earlier in the day, was the chance to see the lunar eclipse unfold. Darcy and I took our dog for a walk around 5:30 a.m. and got to see the "blood moon" we had been hearing about on the news. It was beautiful and bit eerie all at the same time. On my way to work an hour or so later, I got to enjoy the remnants of the eclipse before the moon set for the day.

On our morning walk, we encountered a woman we'll often see walking early in the day. We know she lives in our neighborhood, but we don't know her name and our only interactions are these brief exchanges on our respective walks. We'll usually greet one another and maybe make a comment about the weather. She always seems upbeat and is moving at a good clip.

What she said yesterday, after I asked her if she had seen the moon, was this: "It was worth getting up for."She was referring to the eclipse, but I thought of the day ahead. It was certainly worth getting up for. As long as I feel that way and approach my day with such an attitude, it seems to go much better. Thanks neighbor!

Comments