A Beautiful Fall

Today I am grateful for the beautiful fall day yesterday and for the physical capabilities to do yard work.

Actually, we have been having a very nice fall. It has been pleasant and sunny on many days. The drawback is that we are behind on moisture, but the plus is that it's been easy to get out and about. The temperatures have been mild, the fall colors striking and lasting. Not like some years when there's barely any color and then some brisk windy days to carry the leaves away.

I not only enjoy the colors of the leaves on trees, but the various colors that come out on all plants and vegetation. I like the changing light as the days get shorter and the sun plays differently into the windows of our house as the trees become more bare.

I so appreciate the cooler and drier air, the crispness of the early morning as I head out to walk Oliver or go for a run. The sound of leaves rustling as I walk or run through them, or as a breeze gently pulls them along, are also welcome sounds of fall.

Fall has always been my favorite season. This fall has been a real treat in the weather department. It's been busy and full in the life department. All the more reason to slow down and enjoy the beauty of a lovely day in autumn.

Slow down. I can't slow down the seasons, but I can slow myself down to enjoy them.
That's my plan today. How about you?


Comments