Recovery Wisdom

Today I am grateful for time with other recovering people last night and for reminders and validation that I am on the right track.

I appreciated the time with two good friends of mine as we attended an event celebrating women and recovery, from addictions and from mental illness. We heard from two women who shared their own stories and who have written books about their journey and about how to heal and recover. I appreciated the open sharing and the efforts to reduce stigma.

What I appreciated as I listened were the many reminders and the wisdom shared that told me what I am doing to work on my own recovery, and to support others in their recovery, is working and makes good sense. It works when I choose to work it, which I try to do daily.

Those efforts include aspects of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. I run and get other forms of regular exercise. I work to keep my thoughts positive. I talk with others close to me when I am struggling. I try to be of service to others who need a helping hand and a listening ear in recovery. I seek a relationship with a power beyond myself. These efforts are all intertwined and all made stronger by incorporating gratitude practice throughout.

Consider what area of health may need a boost for you today. Take a little step in the right direction. That is a good start. I will start with breathing, just breathing.


Comments