Cream Cheese Frosting

Today I am grateful for the experience I had as a teacher and elementary counselor and how I can draw on that in my current job. I am also grateful for cream cheese frosting.

Cream cheese frosting and the pumpkin bar it was on were a treat for me last evening. I do like my sweet treats and I often succumb to their enticement. I justify it because I run, I don't drink or smoke, I work hard.I deserve it.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty or I overindulge and wish I hadn't. But I try to be kind and gentle with myself, and for me that includes enjoying a sweet treat when I feel like it.

It gets me thinking this morning about how "lightening up" and not being too hard on ourselves is really so important to how we feel and how we live life. I have made progress in this area, and gratitude practice is one key reason why. When I focus on what I do have, on the daily gifts, on the people who care about me, it becomes harder to beat myself up. And that is a good thing.

Cream cheese frosting last night. Looking for more of life's little joys today. Have a good one!

Comments