Speaking of Mesmerized

Today I am grateful for safe travels to and from a visit with our new grandson Aaron and his parents. I am also grateful for each conversation I have with my friend Sheila, and especially the one we shared yesterday. 

In my most recent post, I wrote about feeling mesmerized. I was sure mesmerized by my time with Aaron. I took this picture yesterday as my husband Darcy held him. Babies are so precious, so fragile. So peaceful in their slumber.



I enjoyed holding him, listening to the little sounds he made and the variety of facial expressions he had. I never tire of holding a sleeping baby. It's good that there were others to get their turn holding him. It was nice to see our son Sam take his turn and sit there gently cradling his new nephew. 

Babies bring us to the here and now. Babies remind us of the wonder of life, and if we have our own children, of the time when they too were this tiny.

To find life mesmerizing is a good source of gratitude today. Thanks for your help with that Aaron. 

Comments