Peachy

Today I am grateful for the lamps that light the early mornings in our house. I am also grateful for the many ways my family and friends enrich my life.

A special happy birthday wish to my friend Dorothy. Many more my friend!

I am thinking especially of my sister Leonice today as she wraps up her sixth and final round of chemotherapy. I recall my last chemo treatment and the mixed emotions it brought. A cancer diagnosis and all that comes with it takes time to fully feel and comprehend. Lots of time.

Today's word is peachy. Wonderful. Fine. Excellent. It's a fun word to use, and I will sometimes make it my response when people ask how I am doing.

Chemo treatments don't tend to leave a person feeling peachy. Life's challenges may elicit a sarcastic "peachy" from me and others. Life can't always be wonderful. I am convinced that would be as dangerous for me as life always being dreadful would be.

But peachy is a nice word to use when light of heart and facing a fresh day. Sweet and succulent, like a ripe peach ready to eat. Enjoy it moment by moment. 

Comments