Obstinate

Today I am grateful for the people with positive energy who are in my life and share that energy. I am also grateful for early morning time to sit.

It's not that I am currently feeling obstinate, but it certainly has applied to me before and will again. Stubborn, unyielding, inflexible. Not much positive energy in that. When I am obstinate, my ego is flaring up, rational thoughts tend to get crowded out, and the Great Spirit is ignored.

The most obstinate time in my life was during my active drinking days, when I progressed in my alcoholism but continued to think I was controlling it and didn't need help. That stubbornness could have killed me.

My goal in recovery, and in daily living, is to be less and less obstinate and more and more willing. Progress is possible. Practice is needed.

Obstinance narrows the mind and heart. Grateful living brings me to a more open mind, heart, and soul, better able to keep nurturing this precious life we get to live and share with one another.

Where is obstinance an obstacle in your life today?

Comments