Exhilarated

Today I am grateful for being able to walk up and down stairs. Our house has four levels. I am also grateful for each one of those four levels and our entire house.

Fire up! Today's feeling is exhilarated. 

Feeling exhilarated is experienced viscerally for me. I experience it physically after a run, mentally when I am on a roll with some writing, emotionally when I make a sincere connection with another human, and spiritually when I pause in nature and let the awe roll over me.

Grateful living is exhilarating in and of itself, and it makes everything seem to come alive more. Being present in the current moment has a way of doing that. Mindful presence and the exhilaration of full attention and sensory focus on the here and now is what I strive for.

Some days I only seem to have fleeting moments of exhilaration. On other days I ride the energy throughout the day.  But it all starts with feeding that which we find most invigorating and healthy in our lives.

Go for a run. Write a poem. Send a handwritten thank you. Read a good book. Laugh with a friend.
Stop and look up at the sky. Tackle that work project you are almost done with. Sew. Garden. Pull some weeds, literally or figuratively. Go for a bike ride. Smile.

Have an exhilarating day, in big and small ways. It all matters!

Comments