Healthy

Today I am grateful for bananas, cow's milk and almond milk, for cool sleeping weather, and for time on our front patio right here, right now.

Feeling healthy is something I try not to take for granted, and that I work every day to embrace and preserve. This morning I am busy and feeling a little rushed, but I took the time to come outside to compose this because I feel healthy sitting out in the fresh morning air.

I write in my gratitude journal each morning and it helps me start my day with a healthier mindset.

I strive to pause in prayer and meditation each morning as well, even if briefly. It makes all the difference.

Darcy and I have a long training run scheduled for tomorrow as we enter the final weeks before our marathon. I try to eat healthy, get a good protein base, and then start carb loading. I psych myself up mentally for the miles ahead as well. And I recall other long training runs and the satisfaction and endorphins that await as the miles build and then we finish and can rest.

Two diseases that take lives every day are part of my experience. Cancer and alcoholism. They are my daily motivators to be healthy. And not just of body, but also of mind, heart, and soul. Overall health encompasses physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual components.

I am blessed to have numerous practices in my routine to help in each of these areas. I don't always adhere to them as well as I should, but I do pretty well. It leaves me feeling healthy and it is key to grateful living.

These are some of my keys to feeling healthy. What are some of yours?

Comments

  1. What marathon are you running in? how long is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog! I think it is very important to take time each day to appreciate the little moments. I created a (totally free) app that allows users to do just that. Please check it out: http://bit.ly/2weqwOI

    ReplyDelete
  3. We plan to run the Twin Cities Marathon on 10/1. It's a full marathon, so 26.2 miles. One step, one mile at a time. Do you run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of steps! I used to run. No marathons tho!

      Delete

Post a Comment