Lighthearted

Today I am grateful for the safe arrival of our grandson Aaron and the health of his parents Alyssa and Arthur.

I welcome this day and all of you I will cross paths with in it.

From kindhearted the other day to lighthearted today. There are many fun words to define light-hearted. Some I like are cheerful, carefree, playful, lively, and bouyant.

I like those words, but I have often found them hard to attain, especially in the first three decades of my life. Certainly, I had many fun times as a child, playing with my siblings and classmates. I felt carefree as I ran out to my spot in the outfield on the softball field.

But I was also weighted down with self-hatred and self-pity, fed by alcohol and alcoholism.

Today, feeling light of heart means I am not weighted down with worry, regret, fear, obligation.

I can only achieve that state in the present moment, and with faith in a power beyond myself. Grateful living is uplifting. Mindful gratitude brings a peace and ease that makes these next moments flow.

The love and kindness of others certainly softens the weight of my world too.

Light of heart, I head into the day with gratitude and love to share.

Comments