15 Random Facts . . . Read These, Share Yours

Today I am grateful to have a house to clean and for fellow writers in the blogosphere and beyond.

Fellow blogger Nancy Stordahl at Nancy's Point is a writer whose work I both respect and enjoy reading. Her latest post was a fun one that just begged to be followed up on. She shared 15 random facts about herself and encouraged readers to join in and do the same. I didn't take the opportunity the first time she did this last year, but it grabbed me this year.

So I started my list yesterday morning after reading her post and here is what I came up with:

1. Ice cream always soothes me.

2. With the exception of Clay County, Iowa where I lived for 6 years, every other county I have
resided in has a name of Native American origin: Minnehaha, Poweshiek, Winnebago, Dakota,
Black Hawk, and Winneshiek.

3. I am the youngest of 8 sisters. I also have 5 brothers.

4. I didn't travel by air until I was 30.

5. My favorite hangover "cure" in my drinking days was an ice cold Mountain Dew.

6. I was going to keep my maiden name, until I met Mr. Valentine.

7. When I started teaching, I took so many notes to prepare for lessons/lectures that callouses
developed on my right index and middle finger. (No computer for me then.) It took years for the callouses to go away.

8. It can take me weeks to read a book-I tend to fall asleep quickly. Not bored, just tired.

9. My "favorite" household chores since childhood have been sweeping/vacuuming floors
and making beds.

10. A couple of my favorite T.V. series over the years have been Cheers and Sex and the City.

11. When alone in my car, the radio is often LOUD.

12. I love consignment store and clearance rack shopping.

13. From an early age, I was a collector. Things I have collected include rocks, matchbooks, and wedding napkins. (Those last two would be harder to collect today wouldn't they?)

14. I had my first cell phone (a flip phone) for 7 years. Who does that anymore?

15. I like the jokes on Laffy Taffy.

It was fun to think about random things as I went about my business of the day. It wasn't too hard to come up with 15. When done, it amounts to a gratitude list of a different kind. Life is interesting. We are each interesting.

Thanks for the idea Nancy! Who else wants to join in?

Comments

  1. I'm not sure that I can quickly come up with 15.
    1. I have been to 48 of the 50 states.
    2. I still have a flip phone. My first was a bag phone.
    3. I do not drink soda of any kind.
    4. I love to sew.
    5. I love to knit and crochet.
    6. I like to have my house clean - it doesn't happen often.
    7. I am a very fussy eater. I don't like lots of extras, just plain food.
    8. I make my bed as soon as I get up in the morning.
    9. I like to cook.
    10. I do not like to redecorate, eg. painting.
    11. I go barefoot nearly all the time.
    12. I hate waste.
    13. I enjoy the garden, both the veggies and the flowers.
    14. I am obsessive compulsive
    15. Children - above all else. Children! My live would be nothing without them what ever I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Great list. I also love ice cream. Who doesn't, right? It definitely soothes me. #6 gave me a smile. Thank you for participating. It's fun to learn more about people we meet in the blogoshere. And summer is the perfect time to do it. Thanks for the mention too. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I enjoyed participating. As a former teacher, you know what it is like as it gets closer to August and the next school year. Enjoy the nice days!

      Delete

Post a Comment