On Sunrises and Daily Choices

Today I am grateful for safe travels over the last week, for time with family, and for the beautiful scenery we were treated to on our road trip.

Covering over 2,000 miles with no vehicle problems, no major detours, and no real travel headaches is something I truly appreciate. Seeing my sisters, brothers-in-law, nephew, nieces and their families is something I also truly appreciate. Our family that began with Mom and Dad sixty-four years ago now numbers close to 100. Opportunities to spend time with family I don't see often, while also traveling with my own immediate family, are welcome and cherished.

I enjoyed the break from our usual routine and time away from stressors that pull at me when I am in closer proximity to them. The break from blogging was also appreciated. I journaled many pages full of thoughts and trip details and my daily gratitude journaling, but I also appreciated the blog break. I jotted down numerous ideas for posts while we traveled. I'll see how many get used.

I have had family in Colorado for over 30 years and have made numerous trips there. I never tire of seeing the mountains though. This is what we woke up to last Monday morning, staying near Estes Park:


Sunrises are a treat wherever I get to take them in. This one was especially spectacular. Welcoming a new day, full of opportunity. That is my goal each day. Sometimes the mountains are treats, providing splendor to view. Sometimes the mountains are obstacles created by my overactive mind.  Each day presents a choice, or a series of choices. Today, I choose to enjoy the sunrise and the view ahead. I choose to stay present and mindful, keeping my overactive mind at bay.  Have a good day!

Comments