An Older Couple Walking

Today I am grateful for a good combination of time to myself and time with others yesterday. I am also grateful for running and walking and other forms of physical mobility.

Yesterday when Darcy and I were on our run together, I commented to him that we hadn't seen this older couple walking lately. We see them from time to time and they just make us smile. They always hold hands when we see them walking and they just seem to be enjoying being out and about. I would guess them to be well into their seventies. We wondered if something had happened to them or if one of them had gotten sick or passed away.

Not five minutes later, guess who we saw along the trail? This couple was out for their walk.

We don't know them. We couldn't tell you what their names are. We greet them each time we see them. They send many reminders. Time together and getting exercise are a good combination. Enjoy each walk or run you have together. No one knows how many more we get.

Darcy and I both often think the same thing when we see them: we hope that's us at their age.

Enjoy time together with loved ones today. It is indeed one of life's greatest treasures.

Comments