Post #400: Inspiration, Not Drudgery

Today I am grateful for our dog Oliver and our early morning walks and for a bike ride yesterday that allowed me to pedal out some frustrations.

I am also grateful for this blog and how it has helped me learn more about being grateful. I thank anyone who has ever stopped by to read a post and to those who have left comments. This blog helps me, but I write it to help others too. I hope it has.

In honor of blog post #400 today, I went back to my 100th, 200th, and 300th posts to gather some thoughts.

From post #100, July 12, 2012:
"Practicing gratitude is not wasted time or energy. Regular practice maintains a good supply of appreciation, which maintains my sanity and serenity." (Read the full post here.)

From reflections on post #200, November 10, 2012: "
As a beginning blogger and long-time writer, I continue to appreciate this avenue for my writing passion. It has broadened and deepened my level of gratitude as I have put more thoughts into words and more ideas into action." (Read the full post here.)

From post #300: February 23, 2013:
"If you have been following my blog, you are becoming familiar with the name Brother David Steindl-Rast. You see his words at the top of my posts page: "In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy." These are absolutely some of the most profound words I have read when it comes to gratitude. I think it also explains why "stuff" will never make people happy. If we have all the "stuff" we want, but feel entitled to it, want more, or simply don't appreciate it, we don't have sustained happiness. If we appreciate who and what we have, in little ways and big ways, we have a daily sustenance that brings "great fullness of life." (Read the full post here.)

As I reflect on all the posts, some of which came easily and others which had to be pushed out, I continue to be amazed at how habitual gratitude works, how it is transforming my thinking on a daily basis. I am also reminded that there is always more work to do, more improvement to be realized. And that doesn't sound like drudgery to me, that sounds like inspiration. How do I keep going? How do I keep writing about gratitude? One post at a time. One hour at a time. One day at a time. Thanks for being there!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing... I look forward to the next 400 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! And I appreciate every comment. I haven't run out of ideas yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment