Just Being

Today I am grateful for safe travels over the weekend and for a chance to practice "just being."

Just being. Staying present in the moment. Observing. Listening more, talking less. It's not a bad approach to apply in any situation. This weekend it included a shower for my stepson Arthur's fiance Alyssa. I appreciated meeting more of her family and having the chance to spend time with them. It was a pleasant afternoon.

Just being. Just being at the right place at the right time. On our way home yesterday we stopped at a rest area. A handicapped woman fell in the restroom. She had someone else with her, but after assuring us that she was okay, I helped her companion lift her back to the stable grasp of her walker.I appreciated being able-bodied enough to help. I gave thanks for my own mobility.

Just being. Just being flexible when plans change. My son's 4-H camp has had to be delayed a day because of storm damage sustained at the camp. That threw a wrench into some of the other plans I had made, but that is minor in the whole scheme of things. As my friend Kelly pointed out, we can be thankful our kids weren't there during the storm. I am thankful that the safety of our children is a priority for camp organizers.

Just being. Just being open to noticing my blessings today, and giving thanks for them.

Just being grateful to be alive and well.

Just being.

Comments