A Father's Love

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and the great father he is to all three of his children. I am grateful for a nice morning to enjoy some time on our back patio.

I am also grateful for time with Darcy's sister, our brother-in-law and their two daughters. We enjoyed some softball, some catch, a good meal, a train ride and a bunch of laughs.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. A special thought and mention of those fathers who can't be with their children today, to fathers celebrating their first Father's Day, and to those who are facing their first Father's Day without their dad, like Mark Weber's three sons.

My husband Darcy gets an extra special Father's Day wish. It has been a busy year in the lives of all of his children, particularly the two oldest. He has been steady and stable support throughout the year for all three of them. I love and respect many things about Darcy, but high on the list is the father he is. Without sharing too much, I can also say that I tremendously respect the work, heart, and soul he has put in to break a pattern in his family when it comes to fathering.

And I always think of my own father on Father's Day. I remember how much I missed him on those first Father's Days after he died. The hurt has faded some, but I still miss him and I miss that my son and stepchildren never knew him. Thank you Dad for the good man and the good father you were, in the ways only you could be.

Apply gratitude to this Father's Day and see what it yields.

Comments