200 and Counting

Today I am grateful for time with friends in recovery. They inspire me, sharing the wisdom they have gained from experience. They help me get through the next 24 hours.

I am also grateful for safe travels for my stepson Arthur and his fiancee Alyssa, and for the time we got to spend together last evening and will have together today.

Earlier this week I surpassed 200 blog posts. As a beginning blogger and long-time writer, I continue to appreciate this avenue for my writing passion. It has broadened and deepened my level of gratitude as I have put more thoughts into words and more ideas into actions. It has also given me a regular outlet as a writer. Even if my blog is the only writing I do on a given day, and it usually isn't, I have given that 15-20 minutes of my time to honor the writer in me.

I did plenty of writing before I started blogging, but on too many days I would set out to give time to my writing, and then see the day slip away. Other commitments, other things that needed to be done, frustration that I only had a few minutes so "why bother?" I did end up disappointed and frustrated. I wasn't carving out the time I needed to give to writing. Thoughts and words would get stuck and jumbled, and maybe lost.

Starting the blog, and calling it "Habitual Gratitude" meant that I was going to make a regular commitment to posting. There has been a significant bonus in that commitment. I honor my writing every morning I sit down to create a post.(And evenings too, as I begin some posts the night before.)That need to write, that voice clamoring to be heard, gets the chance. That has made  all the difference. Writers write. This blog presents the daily opportunity I need to write.

The frustration and disappointment are gone because I can regularly channel my energy here. 

I write for me, but I also write for you. I would love to hear from you and encourage you to pass this blog on to anyone else you feel may like or need the message of gratitude.

Comments