Don't Pollute the Morning

Today I am grateful for a fun and safe Halloween evening for my son and his friends. I am also grateful for the clothes in my closet. I have plenty to pick from.

Going back a couple weeks, I talked about coming across Sarah Ban Breathnach's book Simple Abundance  while staying at a B and B for my niece's wedding. The morning I came across the book, the quote for the day was by one of my favorite writers-Ralph Waldo Emerson.  Admittedly, I only read him in small doses, but I find so many of his words to be profoundly meaningful to me.

"If you have not slept, or if you have slept, or if you have a headache, or sciatica, or leprosy, or thunder-stroke. I beseech you, by all angels, to hold your peace, and not pollute the morning."

Don't pollute the morning. Every day deserves a fresh start. Every day is a fresh start if you approach it as one.

Complaining and negativity create a sour perception of the world. The world will look bleak and unfriendly.

Gratitude practice creates a positive perception of the world. The new day looks more inviting.

Don't pollute the morning.

I am heading out of town and won't be posting until Monday. But I will still be practicing the gratitude.  Welcome to November and have a nice day.



Comments

  1. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful &
    it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.


    Take a look at my blog post - stargames app

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Anonymous and thanks for stopping by. I post regularly and I practice gratitude daily. It helps me see the world in a better light and it gives me energy to be of service to others. Recognizing my many blessings inspires me to give back. I appreciate your words. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment