Perspective via a Toothache

Today I am grateful for a laugh shared with my son Sam.

I am also grateful for a 7:15 a.m. dentist appointment this morning. Okay, grateful is a stretch on that one. But I am glad to have some idea of what may be going on. Unfortunately, there may be a root canal procedure in my future.  But it could be worse.

It could be worse. That doesn't sound all that optimistic, but really it is. I started with some tooth sensitivity over a week ago and had a few days of on-again, off-again toothaches. At times it hurt bad enough to take some pain relievers, which I seldom do.  I couldn't even pinpoint the tooth that may be problematic, as the pain seemed to move around some. (As I found out today, that is an indicator of nerve issues . . . I probably have a nerve that is dying.)  I made the dentist appointment early this week and almost cancelled it yesterday after it seemed better. I am glad I kept the appointment. I know now what is likely going on, and I am the kind of person who likes to know, even if it means unpleasant procedures may follow.

And the pain I felt with my come-and-go toothache over a few days?  Nothing like the chronic pain some deal with every day. Nothing like what some storm-ravaged people out East are dealing with.Nothing like what metastatic cancer patients face with endless rounds of chemo.

It could be worse. Perspective via a toothache. Onward!

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you still have that toothache Lisa. Hopefully you can get that taken care of soon so you don't have to deal with the pain any longer! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been feeling pretty good the last few days, and if it does ache, it doesn't seem to last long. We'll go with that and see how long it lasts. It's nothing compared to the chronic pain some people have to deal with.Thanks for thinking of me Rosie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment