Three Months Left

Living gratefully today, I say thank you for trained professionals who help us in many areas of life. I also give thanks for our son Sam and this journey of being his mom.

Tonight is the end of an era--the last parent-teacher conferences for Sam. We haven't missed a single conference date over the years, from elementary classrooms to middle and high school gymnasiums and Commons. We always enjoy talking to teachers who get to see our child in different ways and with a different lens than his parents do.

And we appreciate at least meeting and chatting briefly with these wonderful folks who have dedicated their careers to reaching and teaching young people. Sam has been blessed with many outstanding teachers over the years. They have helped solidify his strengths and goals, and the importance of flexibility and an open mind as well.

Three months from today, June 5, 2020, Sam and his classmates graduate from high school. That's a far more significant ending. I'm ready, and I'm not ready. The important thing is that Sam is ready.

His senior year seems to be well-paced if you ask him. If you ask me?  I think it is going way too fast.

I will stay in today, enjoy meeting a couple new teachers he has this semester, and reside in some overall appreciation for the education Sam has received so far.

Comments