More on Inaction

Today I am grateful for the valued work of self-awareness and for the amazing beauty of fresh snow on trees this morning.

"Stillness is liberating. It frees me from the chains I tend to bind myself up in. To learn to truly rest physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, stillness must be embraced. Slow down and do nothing.

Words worth repeating and considering further. I prided myself on understanding mind-body connections and being tapped into my own. In reality, I was pretty clueless much of the time. The mind-body connection is only part of the story. It's really more of a thought-feeling-body connection.

I could identify my thoughts, and they were often not serving me well. I wasn't able to stop them, so they would keep spinning and harming. What was neglected amid all of that thinking was what I was feeling. The emotions are always there, whether or not there is conscious awareness of them.

This is where I got tripped up, for decades really. I am learning to recognize the emotions I am experiencing more readily, and sooner. They are the true guides. My goal today is less thinking, more feeling.

It wasn't just my overthinking that buried my feelings, it was also overdoing, including physically doing too much. I am revising my perspective on movement. At times, movement like running can help me tap into what my emotional self is experiencing. At other times, the physical motion hindered the emotion.

Today, I work on finding balance between these aspects of self. Inaction physically helps me settle in to what I am thinking and feeling. Inaction mentally then helps me get to the core of what I am feeling, and therein are my true beacons and guides.

I am a work in progress, and I do the work.

Comments