Eight Days, Eight Months, Eight Years Ago

Living gratefully today, I appreciate that "we're all in this together" shows itself in many heartening ways during these trying times. I am grateful for the Zoom app and how it helped me connect with colleagues and also a couple of different gratefulness communities yesterday.

Eight days ago things were getting really interesting as the pace of the pandemic concerns picked up where I live. At midnight tonight, my state of Minnesota begins a two-week "stay at home" order. Much has changed in 8 days, and much has stayed the same.

Eight months ago, my husband Darcy, our son Sam and I were traveling back from a visit to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Fall brought some other college visits and Sam's decision to attend Dordt University. How will that look by late July this year?

Eight years ago today, March 27, 2012, I pressed the publish button for the very first post on this blog. Today when I hit "publish" it will be post number 2385. That averages out to 298 posts a year. I guess you could say this writer has lived up to her blog's name.

How could 8 years go so fast? One hour at a time. One day at a time. One post at a time.

Much has changed and much has stayed the same. There have been challenges, trials, tribulations.
There has been joy, awe, gifts. Deep pain and immeasurable joy have played out in my days, and in these posts.

What will life be like 8 days, 8 months, 8 years from now? None of us knows for sure. The closest I can come to a guarantee is that the sun will rise tomorrow and I will keep writing.

There is profound gratitude flowing from me this morning. Gratitude for the Great Spirit who has guided me on this healthy ego trip that writing a blog requires. And that same Great Spirit who never fails to provide me writing material. I just fail to see it at times.

Much gratitude to my "bookend" sister Danita for inspiring the title for this blog, and for some of my earliest and most faithful readers over the years. You have names like Zita, Steve, Darcy, Lana, Jenny, Betsy, Claire, Sheila, Al. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to all who stop in and read what I have written. It is a most humbling gift to this writer.

Onward, into this day. It's all we have, and it is everything.

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Lisa! Eight years of sharing your gratefulness thoughts is a wonderful accomplishment. I look forward to each of your posts. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John--sorry I am just seeing this comment now. Something was wrong with comments moderation. I hope I have fixed it now. Thank you for reading! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Your writing is a gift to many of us - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allyson--sorry I am just seeing this comment now. Something was wrong with comments moderation. I hope I have fixed it now. Thank you for reading! I appreciate it!

      Delete

Post a Comment