Disrupted and Interrupted

Today I am grateful for chalk art on our local trails, for sunshine and a run, for phone conversations I have had in recent days. I am grateful to have who and what I do have in my life at this current time.

It has all been so distracting. So much is disrupted, normal life interrupted by the turn of events, the fast pace of change, the limits placed on us, the powerlessness we feel. This is the first global pandemic of our lifetimes, and hopefully the last.

Let's be kind and gentle with one another and ourselves as we each individually try to weather our own emotional turmoil. And as we collectively support one another through the upheaval that is impacting each and every one of us. Individual stories are happening, but so are global stories. It is important to honor both in ourselves and one another.

Thank you chalk artists Amy and Libby. I don't know you, but I appreciate the messages you left for all of us who are using a certain stretch of trail in our community. Thank you kind and patient store clerks and fellow walkers. Thank you family and friends who are checking in. Thank you nature and pets for grounding us in the normalcy you provide. Thank you Great Spirit/Universe for providing faith and our basic needs.

Thank you for the laughter and the gratitude shared that allow at least some of the tension to be dispelled. The less that builds up, the better. It means less anger coming out sideways, less despair, more hope. Just breathe.

When the heaviness comes, as it will at times, just breathe through it. Do what best helps you unburden. For me that includes fresh air, walking or running, putting pen to paper to let emotions flow out instead of stagnating and stinking up my heart, soul, and mind.

I am feeling that heaviness this morning. I am angry at the level of disruption this is causing to the people who mean the most to me, and to me and the plans I had for this time. I am human and selfish. Name it and claim it Lisa, then move on.

Move on down the trail and take heart in messages such as this:






Comments