Living With Ease

Today I am grateful for my recovery friends and what we genuinely share, in good times and tough ones. I am also grateful for headphones and ear plugs that can help me go within.

This morning I did a loving-kindness guided meditation. I do better with guided meditations, as I tend to wander off less. If I wander, I simply return to my breathing and the phrases used. The meditation today included these phrases:

*May you be safe.     *May you be peaceful.      *May you be healthy.      *May you live with ease.

It starts by considering someone (or a pet) that you have an uncomplicated relationship with, that you love unconditionally.  It then brings those same phrases to yourself, to others in your community, to all humans, to all animals, plants, and living things. It can even suggest bringing that loving-kindness to a relationship where there is currently troubled emotions or resentments.

*May you be safe.     *May you be peaceful.      *May you be healthy.      *May you live with ease.

I continue to practice meditation a few times a week, cutting myself some slack for not doing it daily and not always doing it wholeheartedly. Some is better than none. And I am surprised by the benefits of the practices when I am able to do them. Those benefits stretch across physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual realms.  There are many resources, apps, and websites where free guided meditations can be found.

The one I used today is from Dr. Kristin Neff at selfcompassion.org.

There is power and energy in setting intentions. Who do you want to send these to today?  Don't forget to include yourself.

*May you be safe.     *May you be peaceful.      *May you be healthy.      *May you live with ease.




Comments