"Life is a Beautiful Ride"

Today I am grateful for family time this weekend and for the relaxing fire we gathered around last evening, smores included.

I also appreciate being able to go to the celebration of life for my friend Tibor. I was worried I would miss all of it because of the school field trip I was on, but I was able to go yesterday to a gathering, pay my respects, offer sympathy to his family, and talk with others touched by this kind-hearted soul.

Tibor liked to ride his motorcycle. There were pictures of him on his cycle and at events like Sturgis.
And there was this phrase evident: "Life is a beautiful ride." That fit Tibor and the way he approached life. Always ready with a warm hug, a joke, and his deeply spiritual presence.

"Life is a beautiful ride." Living gratefully allows me to see and experience more of that beauty. In things like pushing our little grandson Aaron in his stroller for a couple of walks yesterday. Or watching our other grandson Leo run around our backyard and frolic in a pile of leaves. Or pausing to relish in a busy and noisy house full of people I care about.

"Life is a beautiful ride." It isn't always easy. The beauty is sometimes hidden behind some pain and suffering. With the perspective gained from pausing in mindful gratitude though, the beauty and awe emerge and I breathe it in. I see it for what it is. Ongoing blessings.

Comments