A Running Gratitude List

Today I am grateful for the beautiful day we had in our area yesterday and for a couple of pleasant walks with my husband Darcy. I am also grateful for video footage of our grandson Aaron as he masters the art of walking. Across the miles, video can be easily shared and bring us these special moments.

A running gratitude list. Am I referring to the ongoing gratefulness I seek to give attention to each day? Or am I talking about a gratitude list about one of my loves-running?  Both I guess.

On a recent run, here are some of the things I added to my running gratitude list, whichever way you look at it:

*seeing a squirrel do what squirrels will do, "squirreling away" some food
*hearing the sound of leaves beneath my feet
*smelling corn ripe for harvest and air crisp as it can only be in the fall
*feeling the cool air on my face as I picked up my pace
*tasting refreshing water when I got home

Five senses experiencing a beautiful fall day. It was more than enough to help keep the gratitude flowing.

I will be taking a blog break for a couple of days. Enjoy the weekend, moment by moment, grateful breath by grateful breath.

Comments