A Song and A Perspective: "Love is Alive"

Today I am grateful for time to appreciate this morning's sunrise, time off from work, and some morning energy from our grandson Leo.

I heard the song "Love is Alive" by Gary Wright the other day, that same morning I was feeling a bit disillusioned and ungrateful. The song is from the 1975 album Dream Weaver. Listen to "Love is Alive" here. The title track is one of my all-time favorite songs. They are the only two songs from Gary Wright that I really know, but I certainly appreciate both.

The song helped me stem the negative tide in my head and it has stuck with me over the last couple of days. Love is alive in my life; even when I block it, ignore it, miss it, forget it, counter it with my stinking thinking. It is alive and well.

Alive and well. In the home I share with my husband Darcy, our son Sam, and our dog Oliver. The meals shared, the laundry washed and folded, the laughter, and sometimes the yelling and forgiving. In my extended family among siblings and our offspring. In friendships, tried and true, longstanding and newer.

In daily recovery on this journey of self-acceptance. In every run and bike ride I enjoy, every word I write, compose, release on paper or screen. Love is alive.

When I live gratefully, when I allow mindful presence to surround me, when I am of service to my fellow humans instead of being selfishly spun-up, one of the greatest loves of all comes through. Love of self. I have come a long way with this particular love story.

I blunder and bemoan, hinder and hurt. But I get back to center, back to a place of feeling comfortable in my own skin. A place where hope exists. And where hope is, love is too.

Love is alive all around. I can feel it flowing from me and to me. Gratefully, I acknowledge a Great Spirit that is helping my love story unfold today.  


Comments