Wandering with Wonder

Today I am grateful for safe travels over the weekend, time with family, and beautiful weather.

Special birthday wishes today to my stepson Arthur and our dog Oliver. Arthur is 27 and Oliver is 10.
I met Arthur when he was 6 and Oliver at two months old. They both bring so many blessings to our lives.

Everyday Gratitude: Day 8 was Saturday.  I had time to ponder these for the  last couple of days:

“Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.”
(Antonio Machado)

“What path am I creating that others might follow?”

We were treated to time with our grandson Aaron this weekend. Learning from a young child includes watching them wander. Aaron wanders around his play area, by rolling and turning, and plays with a toy and then another one grabs his attention and he wanders over to it. No timeline or agenda, other than curiosity.

I was walking around with him and we stopped by a window in their house. His eyes got wide and intent on the blue sky, the changing light, maybe the house or truck across the street. His eyes wandered from one thing to the next, taking in the colors, the brightness, the joy of interesting things to look at.

This is a fitting picture, and adorable too, of him in his stroller, as his mom Alyssa, her mom Donna, and Darcy and I took him for a walk on Saturday:



Walking. I love walking. I am a moving meditator and walking fits me. I never sit for too long. I find the movement energizing, even when I am tired or sore from a long run or tough workout. I get clarity. I enjoy nature. I am out and about in my school hallways. All bring opportunities for engagement and compassion, for a healthy perception of self and surrounding world.

The path I am on today is one of living gratefully, of not taking wellness and recovery for granted, of trying to add to the positive stream of life. Many others have set wonderful examples for me. Arthur and Alyssa, all parents, lead the way for their young children. 

I hope others find the path of gratitude I am on to be worth following, or at least wandering on from time to time. 

Today I make my path with steps of faith, strides of appreciation. 


Comments