Motion Brought Me Here

Today I am grateful for a roof that keeps us dry in a thunderstorm and for an umbrella that keeps me dry when walking Oliver. I am grateful for the rain, which our grass and plants needed.

As I thought about yesterday's post and the idea that motion creates emotions, I kept returning to the picture of my parents that was popping up. There's a glitch I haven't figured out as to why it comes up. It is from a previous post. But then again, there can be other reasons why it has been showing up.

My mom is on my mind regularly, as her memory declines and her world seems to get smaller and smaller. I pray daily for her peace and comfort. It will be 20 years ago this October that my dad passed away.

Both of my parents have also been people in motion, like me. Dad wasn't one to take walks like Mom, but they both actively moved much of their days for decades, working the farm, tending the garden, doing laundry, feeding all of us.

Neither of my parents talked much about their feelings, and at difficult times we didn't get an example to follow. This was especially true for Mom, who had some real difficulties and challenges in her own upbringing.

Like me, maybe Mom did a lot of processing of emotions and pain with all of her movement. Maybe it saved her and allowed her to keep going and to find happiness and some peace. Maybe it is why she walks the halls of the nursing home. I don't know why it took me so long to make this connection, this further commonality between my mom and I.

But I do know that it was motion that brought me here. Motion creates emotion, and we move on.
Motion creates healthier emotions and some peace.


Comments