About Those Windows

Today I am grateful for the peace that comes in silence. I am also grateful for the colorful and sweet smelling blossoms we are being treated to on neighborhood trees.

I thought about my window to the world yesterday as a busy day unfolded. What do we do when a car or room gets stuffy and uncomfortable? We open a window or two and let in some fresh air. I need to do the same in my mind. Pause. Stop the swirling brain.

Open the view back up to fully take in the present moment and the task in front of me. That is all.

I thought about how nice it was to need sunglasses on a bright day bursting with fresh green leaves and those colorful blossoms. The sunglasses allowed me a better, and safer view of the road in front of me, of runners at a track meet, and also of the river as I sat and talked with a recovery friend.

Today awaits, like a nice view from a spacious picture window. I am appreciating that fully right now as I sit on our patio, enjoying the sights and sounds of early morning. Starting the day with an open mind, heart, and soul all help.

They keep the windows from fogging up, from getting dirty with the day's worries and regrets.

Comments