MCM (a.k.a. 1900)

Today I am grateful for family time and naps.

Memorial Day remembrances and ongoing gratitude to those who have served/are serving our country and protected/protect us, especially those who have died defending our freedom over the last 250 years.

MCM is 1900 as a Roman numeral. It is the milestone post number I have reached on this blog today. More than six years after I dared to launch my own blog, dared to become a daily published writer, I have celebrated the century mark 19 times.

Just like numbers can come in different forms, so do these blog posts. Some are more profound than others. Some are shorter, some are longer. Some thought out, drafted, and revised. Others flow quickly and are done.

One thing is for sure. These 1900 posts have affirmed that I am indeed a writer. A real writer. It is said "Real writers really write." I clearly qualify as a real writer and I am proud to be one.

An online blog can still take physical form, and this is what I have so far, six blog-to-book books that hold over 1600 of my posts:



I like to hold the books in my hand, hold my words in my heart. More keep coming and I plan to keep writing.

Besides being about the writing, it is about furthering my gratitude practice, about living gratefully.
Writing this blog almost daily helps me keep my focus on what is going well, helps my brain filter out the self-defeating, energy-zapping thoughts for the more productive and exhilarating ones. It doesn't always come easily. I don't always feel grateful. I do always feel better for having written.

1900 posts. A word at a time. A line at a time. A post at a time. It helps me take one moment, one day at a time. That makes all the difference to this recovering person. And that is where it all started. The urging of a good recovery friend for me to try some active gratitude practice to get me out of myself and my troubled brain.

MCM.

MCM Many creations magnified.

MCM More creative mind.

MCM Magnificent, countless, myriad.

Thank you to all who are here reading these words. Onward!

Comments